Answers to your questions about Encaustic Painting
Click on a question below to expand and view the answer.
What is Encaustic?
Is Encaustic Toxic?
What kind of brushes can I use in encaustic?
How do I clean my paint brushes of encaustic medium?
Can’t I paint just with beeswax?
What does fusing mean in encaustic art?
Do you need to fuse every encaustic layer?
What tools are used for fusing?
Will an Encaustic painting melt on a hot Summer’s day?
What is the best temperature for melting encaustic?
My encaustic painting has a white haze on it! What is that?
What is an encaustic monotype / monoprint?
What is microcrystalline?
What is Gesso?
Is gesso required for encaustic painting?
How long will an encaustic painting remain workable?
Can I melt wax crayons and use them in an encaustic painting?
How do I check if a substrate is suitable for encaustic using the freezer test?
Can I use oil paint with Encaustic Medium?
You can also check out our blog posts for more in-depth answers to many of your questions.
Have a question not covered here? Submit a comment below
- 3 products for managing your encaustic griddle or palette - December 29, 2016
- How to Build your Creative Confidence - October 4, 2016
- Using Inks in Encaustic art - September 27, 2016
- Creative Practice | Journalling - September 5, 2016
- Marvelous Molds and Encaustic - August 29, 2016
- Pearl Ex Pigment Powder and Encaustic - July 4, 2016
- Sinking In: strengthening the conversation with our art and ourselves - June 26, 2016
- R&F Pigment Sticks in Encaustic - June 12, 2016
- Drawing on Tissue Paper | Encaustic Technique - June 3, 2016
- How to make your own Encaustic Medium - May 21, 2016