Disclosure: Paula Roland sent me a free copy of her DVD to review for this post.
Encaustic Monotypes | Paula Roland’s instructional DVD
Encaustic Monotypes Painterly Prints with Heat and Wax is a beautiful instructional DVD by Paula Roland.
In 2011 I took an encaustic monotype printmaking workshop in Toronto, this DVD was the refresher course I needed to jump back into encaustic monotypes. For those of us who live a distance from Santa Fe, the DVD is the next best thing to taking an in-person encaustic workshop with Paula.
This DVD is a genuine pleasure to watch and Paula’s own prints are inspiring. Paula generously shares her expertise and enthusiasm for encaustic printmaking. The instruction is well-paced, clear and packed full of hands-on demonstrations.
In addition to pulling prints, Paula demonstrates spot printing, working with stencils and how to further work on top of prints with stamps and various other mark-making techniques. Paula provides information on choosing paper and discusses saturation, paper absorbency and weight.
I have worked with an anodized plate on a griddle but watching the DVD showed me how superior the Roland HOTbox is for encaustic printmaking. The Roland HOTbox that Paula redesigned and once produced and fabricated is now available exclusively through Vent-A-Fume.
Preview Encaustic Monotypes Painterly Prints with Heat and Wax
I highly recommend Encaustic Monotypes Painterly Prints with Heat and Wax to anyone interested in encaustic printmaking.
- How To Do An Encaustic Pour For Outstanding Results - July 12, 2022
- The Best Way To Paint A Smooth Encaustic Surface - June 24, 2022
- How To Use Sumi Rice Paper For Photo Encaustic - June 3, 2022
- How to Create Encaustic Vessels with Creative Paperclay - May 21, 2022
- Comparing Irons for Encaustic Painting - November 10, 2021
- How to print a large image onto multiple pages - June 12, 2021
- Artist Conversation with Andrea Bird - May 23, 2021
- An Easier Encaustic Photo Transfer: The Parchment Paper Method - April 5, 2021
- How to Reclaim Wax-covered Boards - March 9, 2021
- Bee Colony Collaboration | Artist Conversation with Ava Roth - March 2, 2021